2.7.13

Swatch & Review: Femme Fatale Cosmetics 'Twilight Meteorite' & 'Edge of the Cosmos'

Today I have some amazing polishes to share with you! First is Femme Fatale Cosmetics 'Twilight Meteorite'. This polish seriously blew me away. It's the first true duochrome that I've bought and it quickly made it's way into my top 5 favourite polishes ever. I was constantly catching myself staring at my nails when I had this on (the mark of a truly incredible polish!) and I didn't want to take it off.

'Twilight Meteorite', lamp light

This polish can be worn on it's own and reach opacity at 3 coats and will produce a dark fuchsia colour where the blue/purple flecks show through.

But, as you can see, 'Twilight Meteorite' is at it's best duochrome-y goodness when worn over black!
For my swatches, I used three coats of 'Twilight Meteorite' over MUD 'Dark Room' to let this polish reach it's true potential. When worn over black, this polish shifts from blue to purple to fuchsia.

Application was perfect. The formula was so easy to work with and I cannot fault it at all.

I'm so in love with this polish and could write about it all day but I think I'll just let the pictures do the talking :)

'Twilight Meteorite', indoor light

'Twilight Meteorite', outdoor/shade

Twilight Meteorite', outdoor light

Next is 'Edge of the Cosmos'. This polish is so gorgeous! I love how it gives the effect of a galaxy manicure with just a few coats of polish!

This beauty contains large multi-coloured glitters in the shapes of moons, stars, and circles with smaller multi-coloured hexes and blue dots in a deep plum base with a scattering of holo.

'Edge of the Cosmos', sunlight

As you can see, there's a lot going on in this polish! For my swatches, I used two coats of 'Edge of the Cosmos' over black but you could definitely get away with only one coat over black. It is possible to reach opacity with 3 coats but I wouldn't recommend it because it does tend to get a little thick when you get to three coats.

'Edge of the Cosmos', sunlight

I did have a little trouble fishing for the large glitters but that's to be expected when they're this big! The extra effort definitely pays off.

The base of this polish is quite dark and I think that it might possibly be too pigmented to let the larger glitters shine through when you're using more than one coat. However, this is easily fixed! I just got small brush with a small amount of acetone on it and wiped away the excess base that was on top of the large glitters. You might be able to see this in the photos because I only did it to my index and middle finger. Can you see the difference? Maybe I'm just crazy ;)

'Edge of the Cosmos', sunlight

Femme Fatale Cosmetics is an Australian based, 3-free, indie brand. You can purchase both of these polishes from Femme Fatale Cosmetics here if you're in Australia. You can find International stockists for this brand here.

Caitlin, xo


1 comments:

mem22 said...

I can see the difference on your pointer and middle fingers. You aren't crazy!

Post a Comment